Saturday, 18 July 2015

Zentangle

Hello,
 
What have you been up to this week?

I've been super busy learning about Zentagles!

 A while ago, I spotted a Zentangle drawing on Pinterest. It was a colourful picture, made of shapes and patterns. I thought the artwork looked incredible and really fun to do, so I decided to learn some more about them.

The first thing I found out is that Zentangles are a form of art meditation - they are well known for helping you to relieve stress. You draw patterns and doodle, the idea being that you have no goal of how you want it to look. This keeps you relaxed, and in a 'flow' state.

I did a search on Pinterest for some ideas. There were many amazing Zentangles, and examples of Zentangle patterns. Using those as a reference, I had a go at drawing my own Zentangles. These are what I came up with...


To start a Zentangle, draw out a shape (I found circles and squares easiest). Next, divide it into sections, using lines, shapes - however you like! After that - get creative! Fill the sections with different patterns or colours.  

I loved trying Zentangle art... It was so relaxing, and a lot of fun. If you'd like to learn some more about Zentangles, I'd recommend http://livethewhole.com/zentangle-art-meditation/ and https://www.zentangle.com/zentangle-method .

 Have you ever drawn Zentangles? Let me know what you thought in the comments below :)

Thank you for reading :)

Check back next week for Five Things To Do This Summer! 

From Beth :) x 


Related Articles

4 comments :

  1. Cool! You should do a "Twenty things to do these holidays"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I think twenty might be a bit too many! Thank you :) x

      Delete

Please feel free to comment - I'd love to hear your opinions. :) x

Powered by Blogger.