Monday, 26 October 2015

Cosy Autumn Evenings

Hello!

Here in the UK, you can definitely tell that winter is just around the corner. As I'm sat here, it's only 6.30pm, but it's very dark outside. I'm layered up in a big, fluffy jumper and have just had a warm drink. Chilly evenings like this are perfect for having cosy nights in, spending the evening curled up with a book.  Here are my TOP TIPS for a relaxing, autumn night in.

- GRAB A BOOK

I'm going to start with this tip because it's my favourite - I love reading. I always feel like it's as if you're being transported into another life for a while, I get so caught up in the stories. Head over to your bookshelf and select a book. Pick out whatever you fancy: Maybe you'd like an easy read, one that you've read before, or something new and exciting. I think that I would choose 'Girl Online on Tour' by Zoe Sugg (review coming soon!). I absolutely loved the first Girl Online book, so I am so looking forward to reading this. Get comfy, and snuggle under a blanket, and spend sometime just to be absorbed in a story. If you'd prefer, you could listen to an audio book. You could stick one in a CD player, or plug in your headphones and download one onto a phone/tablet.


- MAKE A HOT DRINK

I picked this to go into my tips because I think that, at this time of year, it's really relaxing to warm up with a hot drink. Heat some hot chocolate (loaded with marshmallows!) , or grab some tea or coffee - whatever you fancy! I opted for a fruit tea, which I really enjoyed. Fruit teas are good because they come in lots of different flavors - mine was blackcurrant and cranberry. They are super-easy to make and only take a couple of minutes.

- WATCH A FILM

I decided that this had to make my tips because it's really relaxing. First, get comfy. Pull on a cosy onsie, or wrap yourself up in a fleece blanket and dive onto your sofa. Flick on the telly and take some time to become absorbed in a TV show or film.

- TAKE UP A NEW HOBBY

Find a new hobby! Maybe you could give cookery a go, or try a new craft project. It's always good to find a new author and to work your way through their books.  You could even open up a blog - if you do, please comment a link because I'd love to take a look.

- PINTEREST

I would definitely recommend opening up a Pinterest account. You'll be bound to enjoy being lost within the ideas and pins - I've spent hours on it before, without realising how quickly the time had gone! It's a bit like an online mind map - you can pin ideas and links to topic boards, which you have created. I mainly use Pinterest for craft ideas, but, really, you can use it for anything that you're interested in.

Leave your suggestions for Autumn nights in, in the comments. I'd love to hear your ideas.

Thank you so much for reading,

From Beth :) x

Bloglovin': https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/beths-blog-14508071?widgetv3=http%3A%2F%2Fbethmay75.blogspot.co.uk%2F



Related Articles

2 comments :

  1. I really enjoyed this post. I too am really excited to read Girl Online On Tour! Yay! I love tea as well, and binge drink it, haha. :) With films, I love musicals, and dramas, as well as documentries. Have a nice day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosie! I finished Girl Online on Tour yesterday - it was amazing! You too :) x

      Delete

Please feel free to comment - I'd love to hear your opinions. :) x

Powered by Blogger.