Monday, 5 October 2015

Photography Tips

Hi everyone!

As I mentioned in my September Favourites, I've been loving using my camera recently. It's so special to go outside and just spend some time snapping photos. Mine's quite small, which is perfect - it's great to be able to pop it into your bag or pocket to take it around with you... You never know when the best photo opportunities will come up! So, today I thought that I would write some simple photography tips and advice that I've picked up and I'd love it if you could write some of your favourite photography ideas in the comments - I'd really like to learn some more!


Camera
To begin, you'll need something to take the photos. I like to use my camera best, because it's easy to use and just for photography, but most mobile phones come with a camera built in. Some phone cameras can be very good - I like mine because it focuses so easily, just by tapping the screen.

Light
To take the best photos, I find that natural light is best. Try positioning the scene by a window, or taking pictures outdoors. Sometimes, using the flash or a lamp can give off a glow, or be a bit too dark. I know that, on my camera, there's a 'nightmode' but I find it's easiest to wait until the morning, or to whack up the brightness on a photo editor.

Get to Know Your Camera
Research your camera, or phone camera, to learn some more about it. There might be heaps of things that you didn't know it could do! Just keep practicing - the more you practice, the more comfortable you'll feel using it, and the easier it will be to whip out your camera and quickly snap a picture.

Editing
When I'm happy with a picture I've taken, I connect my camera to the computer. Probably, you will be given a lead with your camera which you can use for this. Once on the computer, I like to edit them! I usually crank up the brightness and contrast. Just experiment and see what you like best!

Challenges
Set yourself some challenges to get going! You could try:

- Take a photo of yourself every week for a year.
- Choose a theme! This could be a colour, a toy, a shop, sweets... anything! Snap a picture of anything linked to your theme whenever your out and about, like a project.
- Take photos of your daily routine! This could be eating breakfast, walking your dog, making dinner, going to work/school...
- Grab your camera and go into your garden or local park. Spend some time just for taking photos - look through the lense and snap pictures of anything that catches your eye! This could be flowers, insects, swings - whatever you like!

I hope this helped some of you who are also interested in photography. I've been really enjoying finding out about it! Please comment any tips that you might have about photography - they'd be really useful!

Thank you so much for reading,
From Beth :) x

Related Articles

6 comments :

  1. I absolutely loved this post! Another photography tip is that whenever you're taking a photo try and have the light behind to get the best light and quality xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya! I nominated you for the Liebster award on my blog. Please check it out for more details. xx www.rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very helpful tips for photography in general. I know the one about reflectors but will definitely make use of the golden hour from now on.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - I'd love to hear your opinions. :) x

Powered by Blogger.