Sunday, 20 December 2015

Last Minute DIY Christmas Gifts


 As I'm writing this, there are five sleeps left until Christmas morning. I absolutely love Christmas time and I always find it fun collecting gifts for friends and family in the run up to Christmas day. If you like crafts, or are maybe running a little bit late and need some last minute presents, I've got a few easy present ideas for you. It's always special to open a present someone has made specially for you - and it's fun for you to create, too.

Sweet Jar



 All you need for this present is a jar, decorations and lots of sweets. I went to the shop and bought lots of different bags of sweets. Just layer them up in your jar, screw on the lid, and get decorating! You could use a jam jar, or a glass bowl.  Mine didn't have a lid, so I just covered the opening in fabric. I also stuck on her first initial to decorate - but you could add stickers or ribbons too. I think this is a fun gift and was really easy to make.

Cards

 
 It's always fun to make your own cards. For mine, I just folded the card in half and decorated. For the first, I used raffia and Christmas paper to make the bunting, and, for the second, I used a twig and Christmas paper to make a Christmas tree. These were really quick but very fun to make. You could scan Pinterest for some design ideas or maybe you could Zentangle a card with Christmas patterns?

 Photos

 I like to use special photos as presents. You could print one off and put it in a frame. If you've got a little bit more time, you could put the picture on a plain background and doodle round the edges.

Those are all of my home-made Christmas present ideas. They're really fun, quick and easy - but I think they make lovely presents and cards. I hope these helped some of you and gave you some ideas.

Have you made any home-made presents?

Related Articles

14 comments :

  1. As soon as I saw this notification popping up, I had to read this! These are some really nice ideas - perfect for when you're a bit short for time :)

    Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love these card design ideas! And I must admit, I've used the sweet jar idea before aha. Great post!
    http://pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, the sweet jar one is really fun to do xx

      Delete
  3. Great ideas, Beth, you're so creative :)
    E-mail me sometime, I'd love to know what is happening for you at the moment. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohmigod, I LOVE the Zentangle flower. I figured you'd sneak in a Zentangle somewhere! I keep on meaning to do a post about it but I never do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hehe yes, I love Zentangles xx

      Delete
  5. Sweet jars are such a cute idea! So much better than just buying them from the shop I think x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always bake gingerbread and dish it out among my family.
    Such a lovely post Beth, all fabulous ideas, I didn't even think about photos.
    Merry Christmas
    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Hannah! The gingerbread is a lovely idea. Merry Christmas xx

      Delete
  7. Would you mind having a look at my latest post? ♡
    http://rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - I'd love to hear your opinions. :) x

Powered by Blogger.