Wednesday, 3 February 2016

January Favourites

It's February, already! Hopefully, you're all having a happy new year so far. As another month has gone, it's time to chat to you about my January Favourites. I've been enjoying quite a few things this time and I can't wait to talk you through some of them. How about you? What were you loving through January?

So the first thing that I'd like to mention is pink Vaseline. I've has this for a while now, but I've only just started using it regularly. I hadn't realized it would have such a lovely colour. It gives just as much coverage as other lip balms, leaving you with pink lips. It also it great for the colder weather as it cares for sore, chapped lips.

Next, is messy buns. Thanks so much for all of your lovely comments on my hairstyles post. I know some of you recommended a few of your favourite hairstyles and I think this was one of the hairstyles that was suggested. I did this style a lot through January. It's so quick and easy to do and it's fun to pull bits out and mess it up a bit. 

A book this time, Ruby Redfort. A few years ago, I started reading this series and built up a collection of all the books. This new one ('Pick Your Poison') came out and I've been really enjoying reading it so far. When I was little, I loved Lauren Child's 'Charlie and Lola' so it's so nice to have a book aimed at an older audience by her. Ruby Redfort is a ordinary teenage girl, who is then recruited to join the secret spy agency, Spectrum. It's so cleverly written, with so many twists and plots that are all tied up together in the end.

What are your January favourites?

Related Articles

20 comments :

  1. I've read the first Ruby Redfort and loved it! Would you say the rest of them are worth a read? Great post, I'll hopefully doing one of these soon!

    Alice x
    www.girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alice! Yes, I'd definitely recommend the others, especially if you enjoyed the first one!xx

      Delete
  2. I loved your favourites and your hair looks stunning! I loved floristy, and Nick Carter's book! xx
    www.rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rosie! Loved reading your favourites too xx

      Delete
  3. I suck at doing messy buns! I can never get them to stay! Haha, thick hair problems!
    Lovely post x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I have to use about ten grips to get them to stay! Thank you xx

      Delete
  4. Ohhhh, I really liked the latest RR! The original ones were way too confusing for me, but I like the latest one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks El! I never understand the codes!xx

      Delete
  5. Rose Vaseline is my favorite go to when I'm going for a no make up, or when I am in a rush!
    Kim
    www.vanmenxel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! It is lovely xx

      Delete
  6. I love pink vaseline as well! I don't usually wear makeup, but I find pink vaseline to be a lovely addition :) And I haven't read those books, I'll check them!

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Me too. I'd really recommend them!xx

      Delete
  7. Messy are my go to hairstyle! And I love the packaging on the vasaline!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Beth, I wear my hair like this all the time too! Not such a fan of the Pink Vaseline though xx

    pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair looks so nice in a messy bun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loooooooove messy buns! They're so chic and tumblr, and yours looks absolutely lovely and suiting on you! Really enjoyed this post Beth!xx

    Check out my recent?
    http://hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/seventeen-eye-shadow-review.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Hannah!! Of course!xx

      Delete

Please feel free to comment - I'd love to hear your opinions. :) x

Powered by Blogger.