Friday, 19 February 2016

Winter Nail Polish | Collab With Girl Abroad

This post is a collaboration with the lovely Alice, from Girl Abroad. She's got such a nice blog with lots of great posts to read - head over there and say hello!

We've decided to talk you through some of our favourite nail polishes for winter. I love to paint my nails, experiment with different shades and get creative with nail art. I like the way that, in Winter, you can mix it up a bit with gold glitter or sparkly top coats. To take a look at Alice's favourite nail polishes, click here, to view her version.

 First off, I really like this dark pink shade by L.A. COLORS. It's really nice to use as a base coat (with a glittery top coat over it!) or just to leave on it's own, because it comes out quite dark on your nails. I like this so much because it comes out really smooth and is very fast-drying. Click here to view this polish and the other nail varnishes in the Color Craze collection. 

The next one that I'd like to mention is this cream nail varnish. This one is so nice because, with just one coat, it gives you a pale tint - but, with a couple of coats, you get a really nice cream. I like to leave this on plain, but you could build up the coats and add some nail art designs if you'd like to. 
I think I've mention this one in a post before, but I really like this Rimmel sparkly top coat. I think this is one of the first ones I got - as you can probably tell, because it's almost empty! It's just really nice and extremely glittery, so perfect to use to brighten up your nails. This is available to buy here, or, if you'd like to go over and browse on the Rimmel London website, click here.

Another way to add some sparkle is to use nail art pens. I've chosen this gold one - it's really fun to use to add in golden stripes or dots. I think this came from a set, so I wasn't able to find the same one, but a similar one is here

Similarly, I like to use glitter on top of my nail varnish. Just sprinkle it over (while it is still wet) and then coat your nails with a clear top coat.

What's your favourite way to do your nails?

Related Articles

14 comments :

  1. Yeeeeeeeeees I love wearing nail polish! The first one looks really pretty. I've never used a nail art pen! I've actually never heard of it, shame on me hahaha It looks amazing! I'll try to find one when I finish my hiatus of buying nail polishes (I was buying too many and I told myself I couldn't buy any more until summer! So far I'm succeeding and I'm really surprised hahaha). Cool post ^^

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Acqua! They're just like a normal nail varnish but with a really fine brush, so it's easier to draw with!xx

      Delete
  2. Great post, love nail paint :)

    pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look like such beautiful nail polishes, especially the first one, and I had never thought of putting glitter over my nail polish! Great tip! It would so fun to collab with you, I hope we do it again in the future :)

    Alice x
    www.girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Alice! It was so much fun & I hope so too xx

      Delete
  4. These look so nice, Beth! I've got a gorgeous purple colour that would go perfectly with gold... I wanted to reach through the screen and steal it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, El! Ooh sounds nice xx

      Delete
  5. These are all such pretty colours, Beth! The gold one's so gorgeous, and adding glitter to your nail polish is such a good idea. Another way is to buy a clear nail polish and put in some glitter, shake the bottle well, and paint your nails! Looks very cool :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're into nail polishes, I'd really recommend the Collection ones- they last for so long, and DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, chip!:)xx

    Check out my recent?:)
    http://hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/a-slight-obsession-collection-lasting.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hannah. Ooh, I'll have to give those a try! Mine are always chipping & come off so quickly! Of course, I'll go over & have a look now xx

      Delete
  7. I usually use a simple pastel colour ( mint green or buttercup yellow or teal or baby pink...), if you like nail art then check out holly's panda nail art! www.justAnotherbritishGirlBlogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daisy! I'll go over & have a look xx

      Delete

Please feel free to comment - I'd love to hear your opinions. :) x

Powered by Blogger.