Saturday, 5 March 2016

Five Books of February|Collab With Daisy

It's another collaboration today - this time with Daisy, from DramaQueenDaisy. She's only just started blogging, and has some really lovely posts - go over and say hello!

We've decided to talk to you about five books that we were loving during February. This time of year is perfect for reading - you can snuggle up under a blanket, away from the cold, with your favourite book and a yummy hot chocolate. To find out Daisy's picks, go over using the link here to view her version of this post.
My first choice would be Love Lessons by Jacqueline Wilson. I've loved the Jacqueline Wilson books since I was seven or eight. The teen ones are really nice reads as well, with really interesting story lines. Prue, from Love Lessons, is fourteen. Her father teaches her, but he's very unpredictable and scares Prue and her little sister. When he has a stroke, Prue has to go to a school. The girls have never mixed, or even spoken to, other kids their ages before. It's all about friendship, changes, and fitting in - as well as dealing with her father at home.
Second up, Letters to Cathy by Cathy Cassidy. This is more of a dip-in kind of book, but really nice to read. It's full of letters about problems people are having and things they're going through - and Cathy's answers!
The next one that I'd pick would be Deenie, by Judy Blume. This is the first book that I read by this author, and it's my favourite out of her books. It's about a girl called Deenie who's mum wants her to be a model - but she isn't sure that that's what she'd like to do. When she is diagnosed with scoliosis, and she has to wear a brace to correct her spine, her world seems to fall apart. On top of that, it's a story about friendship, family, and school.
The fourth book that I'd choose would be The Chocolate Box Secrets, by Cathy Cassidy. This is another dip-in book - this time stuffed full of crafts, fashion, and recipies. It's split into seasons - so in Winter you might find a recipe for a yummy hot chocolate, but in Summer they'll be smoothie ideas and summer clothes to create.

The last book I'd choose would be Girl Online by Zoe Sugg. This is one of my favourite books. It's a nice easy read, but with a really gripping and interesting story. Penny is so relatable and had me laughing throughout the book. The cover is so pretty, too - I love the fairy lights!

What are five of your favourite books?

Related Articles

24 comments :

  1. I looooove Girl Online! It's one of my favourite books! I hope that one day they'll make it into a movie!:) Do you prefer Girl Online or Girl Online 2?xxx

    Check out my recent?
    www.hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, that would be amazing! Ooh, I don't know! Maybe the first one! How about you? Will do xx

      Delete
  2. This was sooooo fun to make, I really enjoyed it. xxxDaizy

    www.dramaqueendaizy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really interesting to read. I love Girl Online, and I also love the Chocolate Box Secrets! :) I'm currently reading Dear John, and rereading The Summer Of Telling Tales! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also do you think you could do a bookshelf tour? xxx

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Sounds good! And yes, I'll definitely try & do a bookshelf tour soon, that would be fun xx

      Delete
  4. I am going to get Girl online soon :)

    My latest Blog :Tarte Rainforest of the Sea™ limited-edition eyeshadow palette

    http://www.deckedupbeauties.com/2016/03/review-swatches-tarte-rainforest-of-the-sea-limited-edition-eyeshadow-palette/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I'll go & have a read of your blog xx

      Delete
  5. I love Jacqueline Wilso books, I have even met her!
    I love your blog and I have just followed it!
    www.thepastelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Aw thank you so much! I'll go over & have a look at your blog now xx

      Delete
  6. Ooooh Gosh, so many books I haven't read! Since I started blogging my "Books to read" list has gotten longer and longer >.< I can't complain though, I don't think I'll ever get tired of reading!

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, me too! thanks for your comment :) xx

      Delete
  7. I remember reading Love Lessons years ago, I used to love Jacqueline Wilson books!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, going to take a look at your blog now xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you for commenting, going to take a look at your blog now xx

      Delete
  8. I love the fact that you read Cathy Cassidy, she was my childhood favourite author and I've even got a signed book from her. I also remember loving Love Lessons too :)
    pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Beth May!
    Can I just say I adore how you chose Chocolate Box Secrets by Cathy Cassidy and Girl Online by Zoe Sugg! These are books that I would recommend to anyone who likes blogging,arts, crafts, baking etc. So it's nice to know that other people recommend these books too.

    Ps: I also love Zoe's beauty range!

    #sweetreats xxx

    weblink: www.bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Aw, thank you so much! Me too!xx

      Delete
  10. I loved this post xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl online is one of my favourite books too! Cathy Cassidy books are good too, I like Scarlett the most xx

    Eve | evenicholls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Scarlett too! Thanks, Eve Xx

      Delete

Please feel free to comment - I'd love to hear your opinions. :) x

Powered by Blogger.