Monday, 2 May 2016

April Favourites


After missing writing a March favourites post, I feel way overdue to type up a monthly favourites. They're one of my favourite posts to write - I love the way that they sum up the last few weeks and everything that you've been up to. April seems like it's gone really quickly this year - what has the weather been like where you are? We started off the month with lots of sunshine, but the last few days there's been snow and hail! I'm really looking forward to blogging in May though, because I've working on a few collab posts and I'm hoping to put up a some fun tags too!
The first thing that I've been loving this month is sending and recieving letters. It's much more special than a text or email, and really exciting when a reply drops into the letter box. It's also been a really nice way to get to know some of my blogging friends! Another nice thing about writing letters is that you can use pretty notepaper and coloured pens, or illustrate with doodles or drawings. I love stationary; pretty notebooks and coloured pens are really satisfying and nice to use. I'm really enjoying pulling out notecards and pens and replying to letters.

The next thing that I'd like to mention is sewing. I've started going to a weekly sewing club with a friend which I'm really enjoying. There's a group of us and we make a new thing each week - so far things like bags, purses, and next week we're doing bunting. I'm also loving the way that we get to pick out pretty fabrics and buttons to sew with! I'm planning to start making a patchwork cushion, so I've been looking at my mum's Cath Kidston patchwork book, which is really good for ideas (but also just nice to look at because it's such a colourful and pretty book!).

Last up, a nail varnish. I've been really enjoying using the Collection nail varnish in Chiffon Haze. I was pointed in the direction of Collection by Hannah in the comments of one of my older posts, which was a nail varnish collab. She said that they don't chip - and this is so true! The polish is thick and hard and stays on for a really long time. I also really like the colour - once it's on your nails, it's a shimmery rose gold shade. I do have to put on a couple of coats to get a strong colour, but, once you've built it up, it's a really pretty pink.

What are your April favourites?



Related Articles

24 comments :

  1. I love sending letters too :) Great post!

    http://pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a really nice post to read, loved it!

    Lauren | www.laurenjoannee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking earlier today that I should begin writing and sending letters again because I do really miss it, lovely post xo

    emsirose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I love writing letters xx

      Delete
  4. Aw thank you for mentioning me! That nail varnish colour is so pretty!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay! Thank you! I really like it xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely post! The nail varnish sounds so nice and I love writing letters! Xx

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely favourites - I love sending and receiving letter as well, especially if they're handwritten! I've posted all of my favourites up on my blog if you want to see what I've been loving too :)
    - Ambar | Her Little Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I'll go & have a read xx

      Delete
  7. That nail polish looks gorgeous! Your hobbies are so lovely, I wish I knew how to sew! Great post ^^

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try out the Collection nail polishes! Do you have a good selection of colours? X
    http://thepastelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's the first Collection one I've got, & I love it! They have a big range of colours to choose from. Thank you for commenting!xx

      Delete
  9. Such a pretty color of nail polish, you have lovely hobbies dear I also sew sometimes.. like today I did :) Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin and other social media :) x
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! yes of course, I'll go & have a look at your blog xx

      Delete
  10. I love sending and receiving letters, especially from you ;) and sewing is something I love to do too! Great post, Beth. Check out my recent? xxx
    www.rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, Rosie! Hehe yes, just sent your reply! I'll go & read your recent now xx

      Delete
  11. That nail polish is gorgeous! So perfect for spring too. I should really get back into sewing as well - I've really missed it!

    Mind checking out my recent?

    Alice xo
    www.girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like receiving and sending postcards. Especially the ones at Paperchase! They're so pretty and are always my favorite postcard brand! But my April Favorite is definitely chocolate muffins from Greggs!

    #sweetreats xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Paperchase is lovely!!xx

      Delete

Please feel free to comment - I'd love to hear your opinions. :) x

Powered by Blogger.