Friday, 6 May 2016

My Evening Routine | With Acqua

What do you like to do to unwind from a busy day? On a weekday, I've usually been doing some work and homework throughout the day and like to use the evenings as a time to switch off and start to relax. This post is a collaboration with Acqua - click on her name to go over to her blog and say hello!

The main thing that I like to do to unwind is have a soak in a hot bath. First of all, water itself and the sound of running water is something that makes me feel relaxed. I like have a look through my box of bath things and choose something nice to add to the water. Bubble baths and bath soaks are lovely to add because they always smell gorgeous and make the water soft and creamy. I also really like bubble bars and bath fizzers as an extra treat to drop in. My favourite bubble bar is The Comforter from Lush (review here). I've almost finished this and I can't believe how long it's lasted! (The one I have at the moment is the same one as I featured in my review.) It's sweet-smelling, calming, and makes the bath water pink and bubbly. I love to grab a book and spend some time to soak and read.
I also like to spend a bit of time doing a hobby. For example, I'll do a some art - drawing, painting, or even just doodling. I'll also turn on my laptop and write a blog post, or read and comment on some other blogs. I sometimes go on an evening walk as well - I love to do that in the winter, when it's quiet and dark outside.
Right before bed, I'll change into my pyjamas or a cosy onsie. I go outside and check on my pets and pull a blanket down over their hutches. I then scoop up my hair and tye it up in a messy bun or do some plaits. What kind of plait is your favourite? I've been looking on Pinterest a lot recently and have found so many braid tutorials. Most often, I'll do dutch braids, a fishtail plait, or just two simple three strand plaits. Once I'm ready, I'll like to watch something. I absolutely love watching all the soaps and follow all of the story lines! I also tend to watch some Netflix shows or a film in bed before I go to sleep. What Netflix shows do you reccomend?

What's your evening routine?

Related Articles

28 comments :

  1. Lovely post! Your pet looks so cute! X

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that bath sounds lovely! I love Lush! :) I like drawing and painting before bed too, so therapeutic. And Benji is such a wee cutie awww <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous that you have Netflix! I love using Lush bathbombs in the bath x
    http://thepastelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely! x

    jess x | wellwellgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post as always! I love things like these, you can just get to know the person a whole lot better :)

    Alice xo
    www.girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this post and love your rabbit! My favourite braid is waterfall which is basically just like French or Dutch except you drop the pieces of hair rather than hold onto them if that makes sense? Look up tutorials, you'll find some good ones. I'd recommend Jane the Virgin, Call the Midwife and Pretty Little Liars :)

    http://pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Marti! I've been practicing waterfall braids, but haven't quite got the hang of them yet! Thank you! I love Call the Midwife & some other people have recommended pretty little liars, so will have to give that a go!xx

      Delete
  7. I always have a bath and I moisturise, paint my nails and just relax, lovely post xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds lovely. Thanks so much xx

      Delete
  8. This was such a beautiful, detailed post! At the moment, I've loved watching Love, Rosie on Netflix! OMG, have you seen it??xxxxx

    Check out my recent?
    www.hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Hannah! No I haven't, that's another one to watch :) xx

      Delete
  9. I'm binge watching Grey's Anatomy every night Hahaha


    Check my recent?

    Just Because l youlivealife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for commenting, will do!xx

      Delete
  10. Lovely post, your pets are so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, I read yours, posted mine and then went "work done!" and didn't even realise I hadn't commented it >.< I'm so sorry!
    I had a lot of fun with this collab ^^ I hope we'll have another one in the future!

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, don't worry! Yes, we should definitely collab again!xx

      Delete
  12. Great post xx I also love a lovely hot shower or bath it defiantly helps me to unwind :) and I love french braids but I'm hopeless and doing them on myself XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! Haha, I can't do french braids either xx

      Delete
  13. Immersing myself in a good book or a nice bubble bath always does the trick for me.. or both at the same time! haha I love the yoga bath bomb from Lush! <3 thanks for sharing xX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved this post and having baths are one of my favourite things to do on an evening just because they make you so sleepy and tired... My favourite braid is probably a fishtail but only because I don't know how to do any other types - do you recommend any that I should try to do? <3

    Eve | www.evenicholls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love the fishtail braid too. I'm trying to learn to do dutch braids - maybe you could give those a go? Xx

      Delete

Please feel free to comment - I'd love to hear your opinions. :) x

Powered by Blogger.