Saturday, 16 July 2016

A Doodle Diary



Recently, one of the latest Pinterest crazes seems to be bullet or doodle journals. As much as I love writing, I've never been a big diary writer; I tried once or twice, and could only keep it up for about a week or two. However, when I was scrolling through Pinterest, I liked the idea of a more creative perspective on keeping a journal. I'm not sure if this is something I'll keep up and do regularly, but I think it's fun to do occasionally, and something that would be lovely to look back on.


Browsing online, a journal idea that caught my eye was writing the date big in the centre of the page, filling the rest with notes of things you've done, squeezing in doodles to fill in the gaps. I liked this idea because it makes it unique and interesting to look at - and you can get creative with a colourful pens and different fonts. The idea is that keeping a diary doesn't have to be all about writing - you can note everything down using drawings, colour, and big text. 

Another thing that you could do, if you want to get even more creative, is to stick in photos or tickets from things that you've been up to, with glue or paper clips. You could even decorate the pages with glitter and sequins to add some sparkle. I love the way that there are so many ideas as to how you can create a visual diary. Online, on Pinterest especially, there are so many pictures of bullet journals that you could use for inspiration.

Do you keep a diary?

Related Articles

21 comments :

  1. This is so cute and creative awww x
    www.rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I'm crap at keeping diaries so I'll have to try this out xx

    pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! You should give it a try, it's really fun Xx

      Delete
  3. I loved seeing your doodle diary! I recently started a creative journal bu I haven't done much in it yet! This inspired me to have another go. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Megan. So glad it's inspired you! Xx

      Delete
  4. This is actually an AMAZING idea and I'm definitely buying a notebook and coloured pens this afternoon to try it out! I'll let you know how it works out!

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Acqua! So happy you're going to give it a try! Xx

      Delete
  5. I love this idea! Going to try this out!! xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! let me know how it goes! Xx

      Delete
  6. I LOVE this idea! Honestly, I have wanted to plunge into a bullet journal, but I have no idea where to start.. it's just overwhelming. This is much less intimidating, and just as effective! can't wait to give it a go! xX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you'd like to give it a try! Thank you so much Xx

      Delete
  7. What a lovely idea! ❤️

    Lou Loves // www.louloves01.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cool and fun thing to do, I really want to do this it seems great to recollect everything!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cool idea! I'm so bad at drawing... and keeping a diary. So i'm not sure if it would go too well if I tried, aha! Lovely post! <3
    Lauren | SimplyLaurenElizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! Don't worry about how it looks, it's really fun to do! Xx

      Delete
  10. I lovednthis post, defo one of my faves! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I lovednthis post, defo one of my faves! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Molly! ly infin bffl hagao X

      Delete

Please feel free to comment - I'd love to hear your opinions. :) x

Powered by Blogger.